Visit the Cuyahoga County Animal Shelter today for information on adoptable dogs, dog licensing information, more event information, and ways to be involved and volunteer.
The shelter is located at:
9500 Sweet Valley Dr.
Valley View, OH 44125
Tues, Wed & Sat 10:30am-4:30pm
Thur & Fri: 10:30am – 6:00pm
Sunday: 12:00pm – 4:30pm
Closed Mondays (remaining open for licensing and looking for lost dogs)
What’s included with my adoption?
All adoption fees with CCAS include:
- DHLP, Parvo Vaccination, Rabies Vaccination and Bordatella
- Heartworm test for age appropriate dogs
- Spay/Neuter surgery
- A Cuyahoga County current year dog license
- Initial canine influenza vaccination
How does licensing work?
Ohio law requires dog owners to renew licenses each year. Each CCAS adoption includes licensing for the current year.
On Mondays, CCAS is open for licensing and also looking for lost dogs.
What are the requirements to adopt a dog from CCAS?
All potential adopters must:
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Have identification showing your current address.
- Have landlord permission to own a dog if you are a tenant.
- Children under the age of 9 years living in the household must meet with the dog.
- Have a meet and greet with all dogs currently living in the household.
How can I be involved with the shelter?
There are many ways to volunteer with CCAS! Individuals can apply for a volunteer application, foster, donate in-kind materials or become a corporate sponsor. Please visit the shelter’s website for a full list of ways to become involved, from big to small.